More than just a food pantry, there are many ways you can assist the residents of Irving.
Latest News & Events
Get 10% off your service visit at Toyota of Irving
The Toyota of Irving Save 10 Give 10 program provides customers with a 10% discount on auto maintenance and repair. It also supports Irving Cares by sending 10% of the bill as a donation for their food pantry.
2019 Charity Navigator Award
We are so honored to receive our tenth four-star rating for sound fiscal management from Charity Navigator indicating that Irving Cares out-performs most other U.S. charities.
Students seeking basic needs can receive help at NLC
If you’re struggling to meet basic needs — like food, shelter or clothing, North Lake College can help you find solutions with the confidential Connections program.
“I didn’t know how I was going to feed everyone, and with help from all of you I was able to do it.”
Help Us Fill The Shelves
Families without adequate financial resources often go with basic human needs such as food. The results are lasting and jeopardize long-term health, children’s ability to learn, employment status, and earning potential… and ultimately perpetuate the cycle of poverty.
Your food and cash donations are essential.
For more information contact us, at (972) 721-9181, or email [email protected].
Plan A Food Drive
How To Sign Up:
- Use this digital Food Drive Form
- or print the PDF version and email it to [email protected] – or print & fax to (972) 438-7345
- or call (972) 721-9181
Your Food Drive Checklist:
- Determine who will host, what your goals are and when your dates are.
- Register your canned food drive with the food drive form.
- Spread the word about your food drive.
- Collect cans & other non-perishable items.
- Once your food drive has ended, arrange for pick-up of your donation OR
drop off your donation.
Take your food drive to the next level:
- Host a “Food of the Day” drive and have employees bring certain foods for each day of the week. For example, days may be named Macaroni Mondays, Tuna Tuesdays, Wheaties Wednesdays, Tomato Sauce Thursdays and Fruity Fridays.
- Make various departments or classrooms responsible for different food groups. Have different groups collect canned meat, canned vegetables, kid-friendly food, breakfast food, beverages, etc.
- Fill the bag. Provide employees an empty paper sack and ask that the bags be returned full of non-perishable food items.
- Host a raffle and allow each item donated to act as an entry.
- Offer special prizes like gift cards or movie tickets. Bonus Tip! For office drives, prizes could include vacation time or free lunch.
- Hold a competition between departments or classrooms. Give the group that collects the most a group prize. Bonus Tip! For school drives, prizes could include a casual dress day, extra recess time or a “no homework” day.
- Get creative with your canned food. Split your group into teams and have each one build a structure out of the cans they collect. Recruit a few judges to pick the best structure and/or the most nutritious structure.
Spread The Word
- Hang food drive posters around your office or school.
- Host a food drive kick-off event to build excitement about the food drive.
- Distribute food drive flyers in employee mailboxes or send them home with students.
- Include food drive details in your group’s newsletter.
- Send email reminders to participants the day the food drive begins and send an email progress report halfway through the drive.
Social Media Tips:
- Take photos throughout your drive of items collected and post them on social
media to keep your network updated.
- Tag Irving Cares (@irvingcares) or use #IrvingCares #CaughtRedHanded in your posts.
Raising Funds During Your Food Drive
Did you know you can also incorporate your own online fundraiser during
your Food Drive? Just start an online fundraiser! You can share your
fundraising page through your social media networks or via email to get your
friends and family involved. Encourage those who can’t drop off food for the
drive to make a monetary donation instead.
What to do with cash donations? Please convert your cash and coins to a check or money order and place it along with this form in a sealed envelope. If Irving Cares is picking up the donation, you can give the envelope to the driver. You can also mail your check directly to Irving Cares with information about your business, school or orginization and a contact to send a thank you note.
Food Items Needed The Most
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Meats – Tuna, Chicken, Salmon, Spam
- Canned Meals – Chili, Stew, Chef Boyardee
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Any Soup
- Box Meals – Skillet Dinners
- Canned Vegetables
- Toilet Paper
Hygiene Products Items Needed The Most
- Soap/Body Wash
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Shaving Cream
- Feminine Products
- Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Toilet Paper
Irving Cares Food Drop Off Location
Food donations accepted between 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday through Friday at 440 South Nursery Road.
Go to the back of the building to the double receiving doors and ring the doorbell for assistance. If you’re not able to deliver, contact [email protected] to schedule a pick-up.
Virtual Food Drive
Donate digital food items, entire meals or even start a recurring donation from the convenience of your office or on your phone.
Families helped with groceries monthly
Most pantry orders weigh 85 pounds and have a $100 value.
Over the past 12 months, they were hungry but didn’t eat because there wasn’t enough money.
The Irving Cares food pantry improved their ability to deal with a financial crisis.
The Irving Cares food pantry helped prevent hunger in their household.
Fundraise For A Cause
Create Your Own Fundraiser
- Golf tournament
- Company Fundraiser
- Poker Runs
- School Events
- One-of-a-kind Fundraisers
Be creative and help us raise funds!
Fundraise On Facebook
Whether for your birthday, special occasion or just because, it’s easy to start your own fundraiser on Facebook. Irving Cares receives 100% of donations raised.
Matching gifts are very important in helping us reach our financial goals. Many area companies will match employee gifts. Search for your company to review their matching gift policy.
Become A Sponsor Or Partner
Individuals, businesses or organizations can all become a sponsor or partner with Irving Cares. Contact Kyle for more information.
Attend Our Events
Fun, food and friends of Irving Cares. We are planning a number of events from the Gala, Bunko, Casino Night and more. Stay tuned as we update the events page with all the fun and games.
There are many ways you can support Irving Cares and involve your community by hosting a fundraiser. Whether you host a golf outing, sports tournament, band concert, poker run or selling raffle tickets, you are supporting the Irving residents and their families.
Irving Cares continually seeks donations of products and services to keep our costs down and direct our limited financial resources towards our clients. Contact our staff for more information.
Donated Volunteer Hours
By over 1,388 individuals and teams.
Families helped with Rent or Mortgage
93% maintained their housing for at least 90 days.
Families helped with Utilities
94% remained connected 90 days after assistance.
Clients Took money management classes
Spanish and English classes held online and in person.
Ways To Volunteer
Four-hour morning or afternoon shifts, Monday thru Friday, volunteers fill orders, stock and sort groceries.
Spanish/English speaking coaches needed to counsel and refer clients to appropriate services.
Support our staff by creating files, preparing letters, courtesy calls, data entry and other office tasks.
Invest In Yourself
Assistance involving employment, education, financial assistance and skills coaching.
Tasks vary and can include setup/tear down, registration, greeting, manning tables/booths at fundraisers.
Volunteer requirements & information
- A volunteer application must be submitted here with your contact information and day/time of availability.
- All volunteers will be given a tour of the facility.
- Volunteers are welcome as individuals or in teams/groups.
Monday- Friday: 9 am – noon • 1 – 3:30 pm
For more information, contact us, [email protected],